Sugar-free macaron will help people have a delicious dish without fear of fat. Then, if you know how to make sugar-free macarons with 10 flavor variations, you will be able to serve yourself whenever you feel like eating. The recipe to complete sugar free macarons is also very simple, you can learn through what Kerri Ann Jennings shares below.
For the shells
- Egg whites – This is the traditional keto ingredient that has long been added to macarons. When choosing this ingredient, use fresh egg whites instead of canned whites for best results.
- Besti Powder Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – Fine powder form and the advantage is excellent solubility. This makes it easier for this keto sweetener to blend into the macaronage, which all tastes like sugar but is more beneficial than sugar. People can use powdered erythritol or other keto sweeteners. Most sweeteners now contain erythritol as a puff, even if they’re labeled “monk fruit” or “sweet herb”. However it is possible that it can crystallize and cause a gritty texture.
- Wholesome Yum Almond Flour – Almond flour is a traditionally important ingredient in creating a special flavor in macarons, so it should not be overlooked. You will have to choose flour that is finely milled in the machine to help create the smooth outer crust. Must be almond flour or the ideal macaron texture will not be obtained. Another note is that you should not use coconut flour because it will make the macaron too dry.
- Cocoa Powder – This ingredient provides a source of dry chocolate flavor that keeps the pods from getting too “wet”. Choosing cocoa powder should also choose products from the best quality brands to get the perfect dish.
- Sea Salt – Adds balance to the sweet taste in this keto macarons recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – Gives a Chocolate Flavor! Use the best quality brand possible.
For the chocolate cream filling
- ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips – Taste and melt like regular chocolate, making them the perfect choice for a sugar-free macaron. You can also use unsweetened milk chocolate if you like.
- Heavy Cream – When making macarons without using milk, you can choose to add coconut cream to help them have a fuller flavor.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds depth to the filling.
- Sea salt – The ingredient that helps the dish to balance the sweet taste.
If you want to remove excess saturated fats, sugar and salt from your diet and promote a healthy weight, try dairy free diet plan!
How to make sugar free macarons?
- The first step is to sift the prepared dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients for sugar free macarons in a sieve over a large bowl and mix well. Use a fine mesh sieve to sift the almond meal, cocoa powder, salt, and sweetener all into a large mixing bowl.
- Make meringues. In a large bowl, people can use a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat the egg whites until they are frothy. Slowly add the sweetener Besti can use both powder and crystallized form, then continue beating at medium speed until soft peaks form. Add vanilla, then continue beating on medium to high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold. Add a third of the almond flour mixture to the meringue. Fold in a spoon, then slowly add the mixture. Use a spatula to fold under the dough and around the edges, then cut through the center.
- Pipeline. Use a piping bag with a rounded tip to place the dough into the lined baking tray (using both silicone liner and parchment top), pattern if possible, this silicone liner actually has a pattern to match for the macaron, with a size of 1 inch.
- Rest. After completing the above steps let the dough rest for a period of 30-60 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill. Start with baking these healthy macarons with lots of flavor, until they’re lightly golden and easily removed from the parchment. If they stick together when taking them out, bake them for another 1-2 minutes until they come out clean. Let the pods cool completely on parchment and do not need to transfer to a wire rack.
- Make ganaches. Place all filling ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until completely melted. You can also melt in a double boiler, if you like. Then refrigerate for 15 minutes, then whisk again until smooth.
- Rally. On one macaron shell for Dollop ganash and add the sandwich with another shell. People can prepare a piping bag to make the process easier.
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Total Carbs: 7.1g
- Net Carbs: 2.1g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 0.6g
Some tips to help your macarons be more delicious
In fact, sugar free macarons don’t always bake as perfectly as expected. However, everyone can create the most consistent and delicious results by following these tips:
- Use a food scale. Macarons have an important characteristic that will depend on precise measurements. So you need to consider the ingredients of the preparation so that you will be more likely to succeed on the first try. The formula card will include measurements in grams if you switch to Metric.
- Sift dry ingredients. This is the step for the filter to keep the crust smooth to make the macaron more perfect. If you don’t have a fine mesh sieve or want an easier sifting, you can grind the dry ingredients a few times in a food processor to achieve the same result.
- Use the “figure 8” test. This is the folding step known as the macronage. It’s perfectly possible for anyone to form a figure 8 with the dough flowing from your spoon onto the rest of the mixture. If you can form a shape and the powder easily dissolves back into itself, the macronage can be seen as ready.
- Be careful not to overfill the contour when piping as it will cause the powder to spread slightly around. Keep the dough in the outer pan so the cookies don’t run together in the next steps.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is not to skip the rest period. Once the tube is closed, the macarons need time to develop an outer crust, which helps prevent cracks in the cookies.
- Take your time. The steps of aging the egg whites and letting the macaron shell dry before baking produces a uniform, picturesque result. So don’t rush the steps but observe to get the best homemade macarons if you are patient.
- Bake until they are not sticky. If the macaron shell are sticky, it means they need more time to bake in the oven so pay attention to baking more for better results.
If you are looking for more cookie recipes you want to add in your gluten free diet plan or add in your BRAT diet recipes collection, try this because they are light, airy, naturally gluten-free cookies.
Are macarons keto?
According to the research that nutritionists put out, Macarons are not suitable for the keto diet. This is because they often contain powdered sugar. The good news, however, is that it’s very easy to make sugar-free macarons that fit into a low-carb diet.
Macaroons vs macarons: what’s the difference?
Macaroons are known for being a cookie made with rounded coconut ingredients, while macarons are a delicate sandwich cookie made with almond flour and a powdered sweetener. If you are wondering if you can’t tell the difference between these two types, you can also make keto macaroons.
Why did my macarons crack?
In the process of making macarons, it can crack for a number of reasons below:
- Don’t give the macaron time to dry – Drying time will allow the macaron to develop a “skin” on top that allows air to escape.
- Uncreamed Meringue – Without a layer of cream, this creates an empty macaron shell and is prone to cracking.
- Oven Hot Spots – Ovens don’t always heat evenly to a certain temperature, so try baking each tray one at a time and rotate the trays if necessary to allow better air circulation.
Why is my macaron batter runny?
If the macaron dough melts too much after pouring into the baking tray, it’s most likely because the egg whites have not been mixed or mixed too much. The dough is required to be thick but still dissolves easily as you scoop and swirl it back into the bowl.
Why do I need to “age” the egg whites?
Many people recommend leaving the egg whites in the fridge overnight allowing some of their moisture to evaporate and create a tastier meringue for the macaronage.
Can I freeze macarons?
The answer is yes. You can freeze macarons and macaroons on their own for 3-4 months. Place them in an airtight container lined with several layers of parchment before freezing so they are not exposed to the dry air in the freezer. However, it is necessary to let the macaron or crust come to room temperature before serving.
How to store sugar free macarons?
Store this keto macarons recipe in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Keep cookies separate with parchment paper, taking care not to use wax paper, or separate them so they don’t stick together.
How to make sugar free macarons in other flavors?
Shell flavor variations
- Strawberries – Add a few teaspoons of freeze-dried strawberry powder to the dry ingredients instead of using cocoa powder as in the normal recipe.
- Coffee – Replace cocoa with 2-3 teaspoons of espresso powder, note the powder is not granules.
- Cinnamon – Exchange cocoa for about 1-2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Lavender – Replace cocoa with 1 teaspoon of finely powdered dried lavender.
- Lemon – According to the normal recipe that only uses cocoa powder, this part adds the zest of 1 lemon to the dry ingredients.
- Cream cheese coating
- Raspberry Buttercream – Use the frosting in this vanilla cupcake recipe.
- Lemon Butter Ice Cream – Use the buttercream from my keto lemon cake.
- Cookie Cream Filling – My classic keto oreo filling pairs perfectly with a low carb macaron!
- Keto strawberry jam
- Nut Butter – Peanut butter or butter made with any other keto nut is a fun twist.
Making a macaron is not too difficult, but to complete a delicious and beautiful macaron, it requires investment. In the process of making sugar free macarons you will encounter many problems that make the results not as desired. So check out delicious macaron recipes and information regarding sugar free macarons to get a dessert with lots of flavor. Hopefully with the sharing in the above article, everyone will have a delicious sugar free macaron.
Don’t forget to find out more Diet plans and Recipes on Kerriannjennings.com