Finding ways to get rid of excess fat to help tone the body is what most people are looking for. Macros can increase your awareness of the quality and quantity of the food you are consuming each day. In addition, it can be a good tool for people who are in need of weight loss or bodybuilding. Understanding that mentality of people, Kerri Ann Jennings has come up with 30 Macro diet recipes for everyone to have the most suitable meals.
What is macro diet?
The Macro Diet is a diet based on counting macronutrients to control nutrients according to each person’s needs. Although the Macro Diet is primarily focused on counting macronutrients, it also involves staying within a specific calorie range. A person would calculate their daily calorie needs and determine their macros accordingly. This diet focuses on three key macronutrients: protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
The body needs protein for tissue building and repair, cell communication, enzymatic reactions, and immune function. Examples of foods high in protein include meat, fish, eggs, beans, tofu, and nuts. 1g of protein provides 4kcal.
Nutritionists recommend that adults get 10-35% of their daily calories from protein. However, the exact amount will vary from person to person. It varies depending on age, body composition goals, muscle mass.
Fat helps the body store energy. It also protects nerves, regulates hormones, aids in nutrient absorption, and maintains body temperature. Examples of foods high in fat include avocados, oils, nuts, fatty fish, and meat. 1g of fat provides 9 kcal.
According to nutritionists, adults should get 20 – 35% of their daily calories from fat. Although the diet industry has traditionally despised fat, it is essential for a healthy body.
Unsaturated fats, such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, are healthy fats that need to be consumed on a daily basis. Nuts, seeds, avocados, and oily fish contain these fats. These are healthy fats, and diets containing large amounts of these fats have been linked to many health benefits.
Carbohydrates, or carbs, are made up of sugar, starch, and fiber. They are the body’s main source of energy. Examples of foods high in carbs include potatoes, rice, pasta, fruit, beans, and oats. 1g carbohydrate provides 4kcal.
Nutritionists recommend that adults get 45 – 65% of their daily calories from carbs. Sometimes, people attribute carbs to processed, less nutritious foods, such as cookies and white bread. However, plenty of nutritious carbs are an essential basis of a balanced diet.
Many of these foods are high in fiber and help keep you fuller for longer. In addition, the energy provided by carbs is essential to fuel the body and brain. The amount of carbs a person needs varies. Some people thrive on a lower carb diet, while others require a high carb diet.
Macro breakfasts meal prep
10 ideas for macro diet recipes for light breakfasts:
Eggs are one of the foods that are very suitable for a macro diet. Normally, in each egg weighing 100 g will provide the body with about 155 kcal and 13 g of protein. In addition, eggs are also a great source of vitamins such as A, D, B6, and B12.
To make meals with macros for breakfast, you must prepare ingredients such as 2 eggs, tomatoes, red peppers, spinach, onions, and cheese. To make the dish more delicious, you can add about 2-3 egg whites and a little seasoning such as salt and pepper. The processing method is as follows:
- Put 2 eggs, 3 egg whites, a little salt, and pepper in a bowl and beat them with chopsticks.
- Prepared vegetables are finely chopped. Then, take half of the chopped vegetables into a bowl of beaten eggs and mix them well.
- Put the egg mixture into the pan and then put it on the stove to cook. However, you need to pay attention to open the fire to low and then adjust the fire to medium level for about 5 minutes.
- Observe that the eggs are cooked evenly, then put all the eggs in the pan on a plate to cool.
- Use another pan on the stove with medium heat to cook the rest of the vegetables, when the vegetables are just cooked, turn off the heat.
- Put all of the cooked vegetables on top of the egg, then roll it up and cut it into bite-sized rolls.
Nutrition Facts: 28g Protein, 3g Carbs, 25g Fat, 349 Calories
Butter Toasted Black Bread
Bread ensures adequate supply of nutrients and protein content for the body. To prepare this dish, you will need to prepare 3 ripe avocados, 1 egg, 1 slice of black bread about 1-1.5cm thick and olive oil. Then perform the following steps:
- Put a little olive oil in the pan and then put the bread on the crust over medium high heat. To make the cake even crispy, you can pan-fry each side for about 3 minutes.
- Put water in a pot and bring to a boil, when the water starts to boil slightly, stir the water with a patch and then drop the eggs in, wait for about 1 minute, then fall out.
- Mash the butter or cut it into thin slices, then arrange on the bread. Then, put the egg on top and sprinkle some pepper, salt and a little chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts: 10g Protein, 5g Carbs, 22g Fat, 290 Calories
According to nutritionists, oats are one of the foods that contain a low-release energy source. Therefore, when you eat oats, you often feel full for longer.
To prepare the dish, you will need a jar and a few ingredients to create some of your favorite toppings. Next, you will follow the following recipe to perfect this dish:
- Put all raw oats in a clean bowl and then soak in water. However, you should note that you must let the bowl of oats soak in the refrigerator for about 10-12 hours, which means it can be used overnight.
- To make the dish more attractive, you will mix whole grain oats with yogurt and milk in a 1:1:1 ratio. Usually, people will take about 1/3 cup of each ingredient.
- After mixing the above mixture, you will add a little topping on top, such as chopped fresh fruit, chia seeds, dried nuts, …
Nutrition Facts: 8g Protein, 10g Carbs, 15g Fat, 120 Calories
Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seeds are one of the seeds that contain a lot of protein, fiber and other minerals such as phosphorus and manganese.
To make this dish, you will prepare some ingredients such as almond milk (300ml), sweetener (1 tablespoon), cinnamon (1/2 tablespoon), chia seeds (25g), vanilla whey protein ( 30g) and berry mix.
Next, you just need to put all the prepared ingredients into a jar and shake well. After being shaken well, you should put this mixture in the refrigerator for about 10-12 hours to be able to use it.
Nutrition Facts: 12g Protein, 9g Carbs, 14g Fat, 110 Calories
Salmon bread – eggs
In addition to the protein content provided from bread, salmon and eggs are also beneficial foods for people who need to lose weight. For this dish, the ingredients you need to prepare are also quite simple, specifically: bread, salmon meat (150g), lettuce and 1 egg. With the ingredients that need to be prepared, you will process each ingredient with the following steps:
- Put a little oil in a pan and fry the eggs over medium heat until cooked, then remove to a plate.
- The salmon meat will be grilled or pan-fried with medium heat.
- Put the fried egg and salmon meat in the middle of the loaf and you can eat it. However, to make the dish more attractive, you can add a little seasoning such as pepper, lemon juice and chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts: 12g Protein, 9g Carbs, 14g Fat, 110 Calories
Banana and almond milk
Bananas are rich in carbs, so they are good for digestion and can provide a lot of energy. In addition, bananas are also rich in potassium, which is able to maintain the function of neurons and muscles. You should eat 1-2 bananas with a jar of yogurt about 45 minutes before exercise to help you add potassium. Along with that, you can drink a glass of almond milk to provide the necessary energy when exercising.
Nutrition Facts: 15g Protein, 12g Carbs, 16g Fat, 130 Calories
Cookies and cream shakes
- 75g frozen banana
- 2 cookies
- 1 scoop of whey protein
- 200ml milk
- Put bananas in the freezer for 2 hours
- Put all the ingredients you have prepared in the blender until smooth
- Enjoy with berries if you like
Nutrition Facts: 14g Protein, 13g Carbs, 16g Fat, 135 Calories
Just combine whey protein and your favorite fruits to have a nutritious meal for you and your family. With this smoothie, you can give yourself 2 alternate choices to avoid boredom
- Option 1 is exclusively for people who want to strengthen the body’s immune system: whey protein powder + tropical fruits like blueberries, blueberries, coconuts and greens: cucumber, spinach, kale, kiwi.
- Option 2 if you love sweetness: try topping your smoothie with a splash of almond milk, banana, nut butter or chocolate.
Nutrition Facts: 20g Protein, 10g Carbs, 13g Fat, 126 Calories
Egg pate bread
- 1 tablespoon of whole oil
- 2 tablespoons diced onion, pepper
- 1 of diced potato
- 1 large pork sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs + 2 tablespoons of cheese
- 2 pieces of hot toast.
De-heat the oil on low heat, then add the onions and potatoes to the island for about 5 minutes to cook the potatoes and add spices. Then add the eggs and turn off the heat. Spread the cheese evenly over two slices of bread, sandwiching the freshly made pie filling in the center. Eggs, cheese, sausages are foods rich in protein.
Nutrition Facts: 17g Protein, 16g Carbs, 15g Fat, 138 Calories
- 1 scoop of Whey Protein ISO HD
- Coconut oil
- 3 egg whites
- 4 to 5 tablespoons oats
- 1 banana
- Fruit like blueberries, raspberries or strawberries of your choice
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Sweet potato
- First, you put the oats in the blender and grind until smooth like a powder. You can use sweet potatoes by cutting them up and leaving them in the microwave for about 5 minutes, then add them to the mixture to add carbs.
- Add remaining ingredients including eggs, banana, Whey Protein, baking powder and favorite fruit and mix well. Prepare a non-stick pan coated with coconut oil.
- Heat oil in a pan, then pour the mixture into the pan. Cook both sides of the cake, about 1 minute each on medium heat.
- Let the cake cool and put it in the fridge for breakfast the next morning. Serve with peanut butter or honey.
Nutrition Facts: 17g Protein, 16g Carbs, 15g Fat, 138 Calories
Protein rich smoothies
You can use any alternative ingredients you like, as long as it meets your nutritional needs and is suitable for your training. A little different from other smoothies, this recipe combines oats, milk, fruit, and ice cubes.
Materials you need to prepare include:
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oats
- Optional fruit like banana or blueberry to replenish carbohydrates and boost immunity
- Spinach is a vitamin and antioxidant supplement that does not affect the taste of the smoothie
- Half an avocado
- Scoop Whey protein Iso Surge or 2 scoops Mass Bulk XL
- Peanut butter and honey
- 300ml water
- Add the above ingredients one at a time to the blender and blend, first the oats, fruit, whey protein, and spinach.
- Add the peanut butter and honey and blend for 2 minutes. Add 3 to 4 ice cubes and continue grinding.
- Adding half an avocado helps the mixture achieve a smooth consistency. Pour the smoothie into a large glass, then add your favorite fruit and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts: 25g Protein, 14g Carbs, 11g Fat, 125 Calories
Macro lunch ideas
Stir-fried beef with broccoli
- 200g beef
- 1 broccoli
- 1 carrot 1 garlic
- Condiments: pepper, sugar, seasoning, soy sauce, oil.
- Beef is washed, sliced thin and then marinated with spices: 1 teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon seasoning and 1 teaspoon oil.
- Clean broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces. Carrots are peeled, washed, sliced and soaked in dilute salt water, washed. Garlic peeled, smashed, minced.
- Continue to bring broccoli and carrots with boiling water, take them out, drain and marinate with spices including: 1/3 teaspoon salt, 1/3 teaspoon seasoning, 1 teaspoon sugar and mix well .
- Put the pan on the stove, add the dietary oil, saute the garlic, then continue to add the beef to the island quickly with high heat until it is rare, then add the vegetables and stir-fry until cooked. Seasoning to taste, then turn off the stove.
Nutrition Facts: 23g Protein, 18g Carbs, 19g Fat, 143 Calories
Grilled chicken breast with honey sauce
- 200g chicken breast
- 2 carrots
- 1 broccoli
- 1 purple onion
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- Good seasoning: pepper, musk, honey, salt, cooking oil
- Pre-processed broccoli, washed. Peel carrots, wash and cut into bite-sized pieces. Boil broccoli and carrots until cooked.
- Ginger, onion, garlic are preliminarily cleaned, then smashed and minced.
- Preliminarily cleaned chicken breast and then marinated with spices such as: onion, garlic, minced ginger, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon honey and then mix well, let marinate for about 20-30 minutes.
- Continue to put the pan on the stove, add cooking oil to heat, then quickly put the chicken breast in the pan, wait for about 1 minute, then turn it over until both sides are cooked evenly, then the stove.
- Then, you put the chicken in the oven at about 200 degrees Celsius and bake for 10 minutes. After the meat is cooked, present it on a plate with vegetables so that it is beautiful.
Nutrition Facts: 22g Protein, 17g Carbs, 15g Fat, 140 Calories
Yogurt chicken breast salad
- 200g chicken breast
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 100g grapes
- 100g lettuce
- 1 box of sweetened or unsweetened yogurt
- Seasoning: ginger, garlic, red onion, honey, pepper, oil
- Chicken breast washed, drained and then marinated with: red onion, minced garlic, 1 few thyme leaves, ½ tablespoon honey, ½ teaspoon pepper, cooking oil, mix well and let marinate for about 20 minutes .
- Pickled lettuce, washed, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cherry tomatoes and grapes washed, cut in half.
- Put the pan on the stove, add the oil, then add the chicken breast and sauté until cooked on both sides, then remove and let the meat cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Put chicken and lettuce, grapes, cherry tomatoes in a large bowl or plate, add yogurt and mix well.
Nutrition Facts: 28g Protein, 16g Carbs, 19g Fat, 145 Calories
Peanut butter smoothie
- 2 jars of unsweetened yogurt
- 1 banana
- 15ml peanut butter (about 1 tablespoon)
- 30ml skim milk
- 6 stones
- Put yoghurt, banana and fresh milk in blender
- Add the peanut butter and continue to blend to combine the ingredients
- Add ice to puree and you’re done.
Nutrition Facts: 26g Protein, 19g Carbs, 15g Fat, 133 Calories
Fried egg with shrimp and spinach
- 2 shrimps (cooked)
- A handful of spinach
- 2 eggs
- Cooking oil
- Heat a pan over medium heat
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add spinach and season with a little salt, then stir well
- Pour in the eggs and fry for about 1 minute, then add the shrimp. You should gently press the shrimp to stick to the egg
- Flip the eggs over and fry for about 1 more minute until the eggs are fully cooked.
Nutrition Facts: 25g Protein, 13g Carbs, 20g Fat, 151 Calories
- 3/4 cup ground yellow oats
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion
- 450g shrimp, peeled and gutted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
How to prepare macro lunch ideas:
- Put the milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then add the oatmeal and simmer for about 10 minutes. While cooking, stir often to make the dough more smooth.
- Heat the olive oil and butter, then sauté the onions and shrimp. Add pepper, salt to taste, cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Pour the sautéed mixture into the oat pan and continue to cook for 10 – 15 minutes, serving while still hot.
Nutrition Facts: 28g Protein, 19g Carbs, 14g Fat, 121 Calories
Crab egg mushroom salad
- Steamed crab eggs (150g).
- Needle mushroom (200g) washed, stripped into small bunches and lightly boiled in boiling water.
- Sprouts (150g) washed and drained.
- Cherry tomatoes 50g washed and halved.
- Half a thinly sliced onion.
- Spices: salad dressing, a tablespoon of red vinegar, a teaspoon of sugar, a little pepper, a little salt.
- Needle mushrooms in a frying pan, season with a little salt, scoop out to cool. You put crab eggs, mushrooms, sprouts, and onions in the salad bowl.
- Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, a little salt, a little pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over vegetables and crab eggs, mix gently so that vegetables are not crushed.
- Arrange the salad on a plate and decorate with cherry tomatoes around.
Nutrition Facts: 22g Protein, 12g Carbs, 18g Fat, 154 Calories
- Tuna 300g
- Half onion cut into squares.
- Add red and yellow bell peppers, one small each, cut into squares.
- Spices: scallions, seasoning seeds, fish sauce, pepper.
- Tuna cut into cubes about 1.5cm each side, put in a little seasoning, fish sauce, pepper, and keep for about 20 minutes, the fish will absorb the seasoning.
- Heat the oil, put the fish in and shake well until the fish is cooked evenly on all sides. Add onions, bell peppers, lightly stir, season to taste with fish sauce seasoning. Sliced green onions put in last.
- Finally, put on a plate and sprinkle with a little more pepper.
Nutrition Facts: 25g Protein, 17g Carbs, 15g Fat, 157 Calories
Effective stir-fried chicken breast with mushrooms
- Prepare about 100g of chicken breast, mushroom, seasoning
- Strain the chicken breast and cut it into bite-sized pieces
- Put the pan on the stove, add olive oil and saute minced garlic
- Stir-fry the cooked chicken breast and add mushrooms
- Put the chicken on a plate and use it
Nutrition Facts: 24g Protein, 17g Carbs, 18g Fat, 153 Calories
Chicken breast salad
- Prepare 100g chicken breast, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, coriander, seasoning
- Wash the chicken breast and then steam it, wash the vegetables
- Tear the steamed chicken breast into strands, cut the vegetables into pieces
- Mix the prepared ingredients with a little seasoning
Nutrition Facts: 21g Protein, 14g Carbs, 13g Fat, 146 Calories
Macro dinner ideas
- Kimchi: 100g
- Tofu: 6 pieces
- Enoki mushrooms: 60g
- Fried nuggets: 6 pieces (or you can use fish cakes, cartilage rolls, squid rolls, bacon …)
- Carrot: 1/3 of a carrot
- Green chili, red pepper: 1 each. Add some garlic cloves
- Chili sauce: 30g, shiitake mushrooms
- Chicken or bone broth about 500ml
- Minced garlic; green peppers, red peppers and sliced carrots. Mushrooms are washed and soaked until soft.
- Put fried rice in a frying pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Put the minced garlic in the pot, add the chili sauce, then pour in the chicken broth.
- Add kimchi to the boil, when the soup boils, add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then add tofu, spring rolls and carrots and bring to a boil again.
- Finally add the enoki mushrooms and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Re-season the seasoning to taste, then turn off the heat, add green chili, red pepper and it’s done.
Nutrition Facts: 29g Protein, 13g Carbs, 10g Fat, 130 Calories
Boiled chicken breast
- Prepare 100g of chicken breast, fresh ginger
- Wash and dry chicken breasts
- Put the chicken breast in the pot and add water to cover, beat the ginger and bring to a boil
- After the chicken breast is cooked, remove to a plate and cut into bite-sized pieces
Nutrition Facts: 20g Protein, 15g Carbs, 10g Fat, 120 Calories
Summary of light dinners
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup mix peas, corn, and carrots.
- 1 large glass of milk
Nutrition Facts: 25g Protein, 19g Carbs, 19g Fat, 135 Calories
Dinner with eggs and fruit
- 1 boiled egg, eat both the white and the yolk
- 2 pepper bananas, oranges, apples can
- 1 box of Vinamilk milk 180-220ml
Nutrition Facts: 26g Protein, 16g Carbs, 13g Fat, 137 Calories
Dinner with beef
- 150-250g very lean beef
- 1 or 2 cups pasta
- 3/4 cup broccoli
Nutrition Facts: 20g Protein, 19g Carbs, 19g Fat, 145 Calories
Vegetable chicken breast
- Prepare 200g chicken breast, vegetables, carrots, spices
- Strain the chicken breast, put the bones in and simmer for 20 minutes
- Wash chicken breast, cut into pieces and marinate for 10 minutes
- Put the chicken breast on the island and turn off the heat
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into pieces
- After simmering the chicken breast bone, add the vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes, then add the fried chicken breast
- Put chicken breast soup in a bowl and use
Nutrition Facts: 18g Protein, 16g Carbs, 14g Fat, 133 Calories
- 2 sausages
- 50 gr carrots
- 50 gr boiled broccoli
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 jar of unsweetened yogurt
Nutrition Facts: 22g Protein, 18g Carbs, 14g Fat, 145 Calories
Full menu for dinner
- 100g lean chicken or boiled lean pork.
- 1 bowl of brown rice.
- 2 ripe bananas.
- 100g boiled cove beans.
Nutrition Facts: 17g Protein, 19g Carbs, 10g Fat, 123 Calories
Meals with macros and vegetables
- 1 boiled sweet potato.
- 1 cup vegetable soup.
- 1 cup fresh milk without sugar
- Dinner with salad and sweet potatoes ( 20g Protein, 15g Carbs, 10g Fat, 120 Calories )
- 2 boiled sweet potatoes provide starch.
- 1 plate of vegetable salad provides fiber and other nutrients, ingredients include 1 avocado, 10 cherry tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 1 lettuce
Nutrition Facts: 21g Protein, 14g Carbs, 9g Fat, 131 Calories
If you are looking for ways to help your body become more toned, don’t miss macro diet recipes. Those will be effective diet support menus. Hopefully, with what Kerri Ann Jennings shares, it will help people gain the necessary knowledge to have a toned, healthy and slim body.
Don’t forget to find out more Diet plans and Recipes on Kerriannjennings.com