In order to lose belly fat quickly, the keto diet substantially limits your daily carbohydrate consumption so that your body can instead burn fat. That implies consuming between 20 and 50 grams of fiber every day. The keto diet causes constipation in some individuals, and that’s exactly why. This post will provide five types of keto smoothie for constipation you need in your diet.
Hazelnut and Flax Seeds Smoothie
The keto diet, as you know, promotes meals rich in healthy fats in order to provide 70% of the fat intake..
Flaxseed and raw hazelnuts are two nutrients that may be used as a healthy fat source while also helping with constipation, and they’re combined in this dish!
When creating smoothies, you may use water or hazelnut milk to dilute them. To liberate the flaxseed’s essence, soak them overnight in water.
After that, you may include this liquid into your drink. (Flaxseed side effects are also discussed)
You’ll get a good dose of fiber and seeds from the hazelnuts in this smoothie. Constipation may be eased with the use of these characteristics. Your daily caloric requirements may be met by varying the pace at which these foods are consumed.
- Hazelnut (15 nuts)
- Flax Seeds (1 tbsp)
- Water/Flaxseed water/Nut Milk (1 cup)
In your blender, combine the soaked flax seeds and water, along with the raw hazelnuts you removed from their shells. It’s up to you. It may be taken in the morning and at night.
Net Carb: 13g
Total Fat: 14g
Kefir, Olive Oil and Strawberry
You don’t have to stop your body from producing fiber because you can’t consume much fruit on a keto diet.
Constipation may be avoided by eating high-fiber, keto-friendly foods like strawberries and avocados.
There is also a significant function played by kefir, which is rich in probiotics and should be consumed.
Here are the ingredients for this dish.
- Kefir (1 cup)
- Olive oil (1 tsp)
- Strawberry (3 large)
Your daily caloric requirements may be met by varying the pace at which these foods are consumed.
Sliced strawberries, kefir and extra virgin olive oil are all you need. Run your blender for a few seconds after you’ve combined everything. That’s all we have to say about this easy but amazing keto smoothie for constipation recipe.
- Calories: 169
- Net Carb: 16g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Protein: 12g
Chia Seeds, Spirulina powder and Spinach
Constipation may be made easier with the aid of this potent trio. It also has a cleansing effect on the skin.
Spirulina, an algae recently found and dubbed one of the world’s superfoods, is one such example.
In addition to being a good source of protein, Spirulina is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
Because the vitamins, minerals, and proteins in spirulina are present in the plant’s natural form, they are readily absorbed by the body at a rate of up to 90%.
Green spinach smoothie with spirulina and chia seeds
- Chia Seeds (1 tbsp)
- Spirulina powder (1 tsp)
- Spinach (Half cup, chopped)
- Unsweetened coconut milk (1 cup)
Make sure to thoroughly wash the spinach before using it in this smoothie, which may be prepared with either spinach or baby spinach as a base ingredient. Check to see that they are clean and dry.
Afterwards, you may mix up a batch of this fast and simple keto smoothie for constipation to help relieve your discomfort.
Then, in a blender, mix together the components that have been soaked and turned into gel: coconut milk, spirulina powder, spinach, and chia seeds.
Now all you have to do is combine well and serve.
- Calories: 130
- Net Carb: 10g
- Total Fat: 9g
- Protein: 6g
Coconut Chai Smoothie
There are no bananas in this Coconut Chai Keto Smoothie recipe. It’s really almond butter and coconut cream that give almond butter and coconut cream their richness and smoothness. These ingredients contribute to the creamy texture of this keto smoothie recipe.
A lot of lipids are included in this dish thanks to the coconut cream and almond butter. Because we utilize coconut, these fats are made up of heart-healthy MCT oils. It’s a delightful chai combination that adds great flavor to this keto dish thanks to cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
Finally, prune juice will aid your body in its battle against constipation. Prunes are a high-fiber fruit. Your coconut chai keto smoothie for constipation is ready.
- 1 cup freshly brewed chai tea, let to cool
- 1 cup dairy-free coconut milk beverage with vanilla flavor (I use So Delicious)
- sugar-free yogurt substitute in the form of 12 cup unsweetened vanilla (I use So Delicious)
- 12 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 14 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- a quarter teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 /8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- peppercorns, freshly ground (about 18 teaspoon)
- Protein powder in the form of vegan vanilla or unflavored protein powder (optional)
- To taste, coconut sugar or another sweetener may be used (optional)
- To finish, ice CocoWhip and sprinkle toasted coconut over top (optional)
- First you have to place the iced tea, milk beverage, and yogurt substitute in a blender and mix until smooth.
- After that, please blend on a medium speed until the spices are completely smooth.
- Using an immersion blender, mix until you get the desired consistency.
- Then distribute your smoothie into glasses and garnish with CocoWhip and toasted coconut, if preferred, before serving this delicious keto smoothie for constipation.
- Calories: 230
- Net Carb: 39g
- Total Fat: 8g
- Protein: 4g
Keto Chocolate Orange Smoothie with Extra Fiber
The two flavors – Orange and Chocolate are in perfect harmony with one another, and they are a good complement to one another. As a result, you may anticipate a pleasant taste on your tongue after drinking this smoothie.
The fiber content of this keto smoothie, as well as its capacity to relieve constipation, are boosted by a little-known technique and secret. This recipe calls for Metamucil, a nutrient supplement that can be found in most supermarkets and is made from the psyllium husk fiber found in the seeds of the Plantago plant. Metamucil is a psyllium husk fiber that is found in the seeds of the Plantago plant.
- 8 ounces unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 teaspoons Metamucil Premium Blend with Stevia
- 2 teaspoons MCT oil
- 1 tablespoon collagen hydrolysate powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cashew or almond butter
- 1 to 2 packets granulated stevia
- 2/3 cup ice, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (peel) fresh or from jar
In order to make a smoothie, you first need to put all the ingredients into a blender (except the zest) and mix until smooth.
A zester may be used to shave off some of the orange peel and sprinkle it on top of the smoothie.
- Calories: 273g
- Net Carb: 15g
- Total Fat: 19g
- Protein: 10g
Why Constipation Happens on the Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic diet, which is very different from the average American diet, is foreign to the majority of us, and we should learn more about it.
Consuming low-fiber meals or making a quick change in our diet might result in constipation, which is one of the most prevalent adverse effects.
Stress may be a side consequence of such a drastic shift in circumstances. In order to successfully start a ketogenic diet, it is necessary to get your body adapted to it.
It will take some time for your body to get used to the new difficulties that it will face.
If your constipation doesn’t improve after a few days, schedule an appointment with your doctor to discuss your options. If necessary, you may also use the following strategies to reduce your symptoms during this time period:
- Drink lots of water to keep from being dehydrated. This has also been shown to be beneficial to the gastrointestinal system.
- Every day, make a point of going to the bathroom at the same time. It is beneficial to your digestive system.
- Consume an increased amount of fiber-rich foods on a temporary basis.
- A high degree of mobility should be maintained at all times. Cycling or hiking in the evenings is a great way to relax and unwind well.
We hope you can discover a Keto smoothie for constipation recipe that works for you.
To the extent that you find this information useful, please share it with your family and friends.
Don’t forget to find out more Diet plans and Recipes on Kerriannjennings.com