In this article, Kerri Ann Jennings will share with you how many eggs per day can someone eat on keto diet. As well as some delicious recipes with eggs for you to try! Let’s get started!
Are eggs keto friendly?
Our answer for this question is YES! Eggs are totally Keto friendly!
Eggs are not only Keto friendly, but they are also one of the most essential and healthy ingredients in every type of diet, study reveals. Eggs contain a low amount of carbs, that’s why they can be eaten in many diet types.
According to some nutritionists, eggs have a great macronutrient split which works well with a keto. Keto diet, as you all know, needs a decrease in carbohydrate intake and an increase in fat intake. The target of Keto diet is to achieve a state of ketosis system, in which your body will choose to burn fat for energy rather than carbohydrates.
A normal keto diet allows for a 60-75 percent fat, 25-35 percent protein, and 5-10 percent carbohydrate split. This is the range of values that most keto eating programs will fall into.
Here is an example for you to follow by:
One 2000 calorie diet will need to include:
- 135 to 165 grams of fat
- 125 to 175 grams of protein
- 20 to 50 grams of carbohydrates
With this example, let’s analyze the nutritional facts of a large sized egg:
- 70 calories in total
- 5 grams of fat
- less than 1 gram of carb
- more than 6 grams of protein
In conclusion, as you can see, an egg will have a tiny amount of carbs, which is about 0.6 gram from the egg yolk and about 0.2 gram from the egg whites. Eggs not only contain some important minerals that are essential for your body health, such as calcium, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, magnesium, iron but they are also full of vitamins, from vitamin A, B-12, D, E to K. As we have said above, eggs are healthy and good, in every type of diet.
But take a note that, if you are looking for something to eat on a low carb high fat diet, eggs are not the ones. A low carb high fat diet requires a medium range of protein and carbs, while eggs are quite high in these two.
How many eggs can I eat on a Keto diet?
The answer for how many eggs per day can someone eat on Keto diet is no answer!
In fact, during the Keto diet, you can eat as many eggs as you want. All you need to do is keep track of your calories and nutrition analysis is a must. Please remember that, no matter what types of diet you are following, having calo in is lower than calo out is the key message.
Some newspapers said that some keto dieters and egg enthusiasts have reported consuming up to 30 eggs in a single day! That’s about 2100 calories, with 150 grams of fat, 180 grams of protein, and less than 20 grams of carbohydrates. Isn’t it quite close to the advised figures in the previous section?
If you’re searching for some terrific keto egg meals, please continue scrolling. We have included a few of my favorites in this post!
And if you are worry about the cholesterol, here is our explanation:
The 186 grams of cholesterol in egg yolks is a source of concern for many people. That would be around 60% of the average standard amount per day based on a 2000-calorie diet. And yes, it is very important to limit the egg consumption to prevent the rise of cholesterol.
Numerous studies have now shown that the kind of cholesterol found in eggs only raises HDL levels (the good kind of cholesterol). They seldom, if ever, raise LDL (bad cholesterol), and when they do, it’s just by a little amount.
If you have a medical condition that requires you to limit your cholesterol consumption, you probably don’t need to be concerned about the cholesterol in eggs. It’s a misconception that, like the idea that fat is always harmful, has been debunked by the majority of today’s nutritional specialists.
So, to prevent cholesterol, you really don’t need to remove the egg yolks. Not only does this provide the majority of the egg’s micronutrients, but it also provides the substantial quantity of good fats required for a successful keto diet. They’re also the most delectable component of the egg!
What is a keto egg fast?
Well, so what is a keto egg fast? The Keto Egg Fast is just a simple short term fasting scheme, in which period you need to restrict your diet mainly to eat eggs with cheese or other sources of fats. But remember, healthy fats only. The goal of this Keto Egg Fast is to achieve weight loss as fast as possible, so you need to consider it carefully!
To be specific, the egg fast process would only have results if you follow these rules:
- Eat at least 6 eggs or egg meals a day
- Each meals are not allowed to be more than 5 hours apart
- Combine 15g of fat in every meal
- Have an egg within 30 minutes right after you wake up
- Water is a must. Drink as much as you can.
- One egg’s fasting routine will last for only 3 to 5 days.
Health Benefits of Eating Eggs
Eggs are a complete protein source, which means that they include all of the important amino acids that the body needs to function properly. As a result, they are an excellent diet for those who are seeking to gain muscle mass since they give the body with the nutrients it needs to repair and regenerate muscle tissue.
Eggs are an excellent source of choline, which is essential for maintaining the health of the liver and the brain. They are low in carbohydrates and calories, making them a good option for anyone looking to lose weight.
Eating eggs regularly may assist to protect the body against sickness and infection because of their high antioxidant content. In addition to being a wonderful source of vitamins and minerals, they are also beneficial to one’s overall well-being.
Consuming an excessive amount of eggs might result in a rise in cholesterol levels. In addition, if consumed in big numbers, they might result in constipation.
It is possible that some individuals will have an allergic response to eggs. If they are not cooked correctly, they might potentially induce diarrhea.
Side effects of egg diet
Low Carb and Keto Egg Recipes
To support your Keto Diets and help you to lose weights correctly, here are some amazing and easy recipes for you to try at home. They are all delicious, we promise, and the most important thing about them is that they are super fast and easy.
The first dish that we are gonna introduce you today is the Pork Omelet from China. With the sweet n sour marinade, you will be amazed by the combination of delicious, juicy and soft eggs. For each serving, you will contain about 571 calories but just with 3.6 grams of carb. What an ideal dish for the late bunch!
Chinese Pork Omelet
- 2 tbsp Sukrin Syrup Gold
- 1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- ½ tbsp boiling water
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp Chinese Five Spice
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
The Filling ingredients:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300g lean pork filet
- ½ red capsicum
- 2 mushrooms
- 3 spring onions
- 60g bean shoots
- Mix all the marinade ingredients then cut your pork into it. Marinate them for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, then place the pork on the tray. Bake for 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Prepare the veggies and make an omelet.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Drizzle leftover marinade over meat, veggies, and spring onions. Cook for 3-5 minutes until the meat is done.
- Stir in half of the egg mix while the veggies and pork cook. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in an omelet pan over medium heat. For 2 minutes, cover the pan.
- Stack half of the pork and veggie combination on one side of the omelet. Gently fold the second side of the omelet over. Uncover and cook for 2 minutes more. Then repeat with the remaining omelets.
One Pot Chicken Ramen
The next recipe we will introduce you today is the One Pot chicken Ramen. In this recipe, we only use low carb ramen, which is made from sweet potatoes. Ramen is also known as Konjac noodles.. One Pot Chicken Ramen is a bowl of ramen with some delicious toppings: chicken and hard-boiled eggs. Because of these toppings, the Ramen bowl is reported to contain lots of protein, which is a great dish for you to try on the Keto diet.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp chinese five spice powder
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 l chicken bone broth/stock
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 eggs
- 1 zucchini
- 390g konjac noodles, drained and rinsed
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch of chopped bok choy
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Stir ginger, garlic and other spices in a heated pan. Then, add broth, tamari and fish sauce and combine chicken breasts and eggs into it.
- Boil it then simmer for 15 minutes. Remember to remove the eggs.
- Next, remove the chicken and then add the mushrooms in.
- In a bowl, decorate your noodles with toppings and chicken. Then pour in the broth. Enjoy!
Homemade Keto Aioli
And the next recipe we are gonna show you today is the Keto Aioli. Keto Aioli, just like its name, is a Keto friendly recipe in which the carb intake is lower than usual. This recipe, in our opinion, is the greatest one to start your day. The Keto Aioli is not only versatile and fast, it also helps to boost your fat burning process.
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard and 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 90 ml of extra light olive oil
- a little bit of salt
- 90 ml of avocado oil
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Then place the garlic on a baking tray, pour in the olive oil and stir fry it for 15 minutes.
- Put the garlic-oil mixture into a blender jug. Next, put all the ingredients into it and blend until it is thick. Store in fridge for 1 week
Hot Smoked Salmon and Avocado Quiche
The last dish we introduce you today is the Smoked Salmon and Avocado Quiche. This one is a little bit tricky, but we promise that the result will blow your mind!
- 80 grams of butter
- 200 grams of almond meal
- 1 large of egg
- 170 grams of cheese
- 100 grams of sour cream
- 5 eggs
- 150g off hot smoked salmon
- ¼ tsp of lemon zest
- a half of avocado
- Preheat the oven. In a large bowl, put melted butter and combine it with other pastry ingredients. Give it a careful mix.
- Press the mixture into a quiche tin, use your hands to spread it around evenly.
- Bake the pastry for 10 to 12 minutes until it turns brown. Remove the pastry from the oven, set it aside to cool down.
- Whisk the eggs well, then grate some cheese into it.
- Next, add sour cream, dill and lemon zest into it.
- Pour mixture into the pastry, then put some slides of avocado on top and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve when it is cool
Here are some questions that we often get, you should take a quick glance at them!
What are some quick Keto breakfast ideas?
Breakfast is the most important meal in a day, not only for Keto diet but for every type of diet. To make the breakfast quick and easy for your busy days, here are some options that you might want to try:
- Egg burritos
Egg burritos, in our viewpoint, are the easiest one to make. You only need to have some eggs, a half of avocado, cheese, some greens if you like and the last but not least- a low carb wrap or a low carb tortilla. Just put all the fillings inside a wrap and whoa la, here you go!
- Coconut or almond pancakes
As you all know, coconut and almond flour are the popular low carb flour source. So if you are trying a Keto diet, you should include those types of flour in your daily eating. Making some pancakes, or waffles would be a great choice for a delicious and high quality breakfast.
Eggs on their own are already the greatest dishes. There are tons of egg choices for you to try, from fried eggs, omelete, to poached eggs and boiled eggs. If you find eating eggs only boring, you can serve it with a low carb toast or a cup of milk!
How many carbs are there in bacon and eggs?
For your information, eggs and bacon only have a small amount of carbs, so there is no need to worry. A normal egg is not more than 1 gram of carbs, and 100 grams of bacon only contain 1.5 grams of carbs. Both eggs and bacon are rich in fats and protein, so in fact, they are great choices for you to eat in a Keto diet.
If you find our sharing is helpful, please share it with your loved ones. We hope that with this article, you will know how many eggs per day can someone eat on Keto diet. To get the latest information about Keto diet as well as any other types of diet, just subscribe to our website!
Related topic to Keto diet