What is the Bright Line Eating?
Bright Line Eating is a famous book written by Susan Thompson. In this book, Susan makes a six week course on eating healthy and logically. Using knowledge about neuroscience, biology and psychology, Susan explains to her readers how our brains can block weight loss without relying on willpower. This eating program is specialized for people who feel out of control in eating like eating disorders or addicted to food.
The standard servings of Bright Line Eating breakfast:
A very great start of Bright Line Eating (BLE) is having its real standard breakfast (which is an amazing day to start your day too). So, what are the standards of having a correct Bright Line Eating breakfast ? Since this eating program is focused on losing weights, here are the list of nutrients and food types that you need to include in your everyday Bright Line Eating breakfast menu:
- 1 serving of protein
- 1 serving of grains
- 1 serving of fruits
In the protein session, you can use these types of food:
- 8 ounces of yogurt/milk. You can replace normal milk with soy milk or almond milk to make it healthier
- 4 ounces of cottage cheese/ ricotta cheese/ hummus/ tofu
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces of cheese/ seeds/ nuts
In the grains serving, we recommend you to use these food for the best result:
- 4 ounces of potato/ sweet potato/ cooked rice. If you don’t like rice, you can eat quinoa instead.
- 1 ounce of oatmeal/ oat bran/ cream of rice, wheat or quinoa flakes. Please remember, you have to measure these ingredients while they’re dry for the correct values.
And about the fruits plate, it is advised to use this list of food:
- a single medium apple/ pear/ orange/ grapefruit/ banana or peach
- 2 plums of kiwi or persimmons.
- 3 apricots
- 6 ounces of berries/ pineapple/ grapes/ cherries/ mangoes/ melons/ fresh figs
Following this list of important food, I believe it will be much easier for you to create your own recipes. If you still do not know how to make your own menus, don’t worry, kerri is here to help. You can follow our one week Bright Line Breakfast recipes: There are ingredients and clear instructions each day, so let’s take a look!
Bright Line Eating Breakfast Recipe
Monday: Omelet with oatmeal and fruit
- Protein: 2 eggs. This can be served with zucchini and mushrooms
- Grain: 1 ounce of Oatmeal
- Fruit: 6 ounces of blueberries.
- 17 g of protein
- 44 g of carbs
- 13 g of fat
- Total Calorie: 339 calorie
Tuesday: Egg and oat crepes with berries
- Protein: 1 cup of egg whites. You can use 1 egg and ½ cup of egg whites if you’re not used to eating egg whites.
- Grains: ⅓ cup of oatmeal
- Fruits: 6 ounces of strawberries
Instructions on making egg – oat crepes:
- Step 1: Whisk the eggs nicely, then pour it into the oatmeal bowl.
- Step 2: Blend the egg whites with the oatmeal. We recommend you to use the blender machine, make it into a high powered level.
- Step 3: Put a small pan or a skillet on low heat. Next, put a little butter on the pan and wait for about 30s.
- Step 4: Gently pour ½ of the batter that we’ve made on the pan/skillet to make a wrap. Cook it on both sides until it has a nice warm golden brown colour.
- Step 2: Repeat that step with the rest of your batter mixture.
- Serve with strawberries.
- 26 g of protein
- 32 g of crabs
- 3 g of fat
- Total calorie: 256 calorie
Wednesday: Egg white fluffy oatmeal
- Protein: ⅓ cup of egg whites
- Grains: ⅓ cup of oát
- Fruits: 6 ounces of blueberries
Instructions on making this meal:
- Step 1: Whisk the egg whites gently.
- Step 2: The, pour the whisked eggs into a bowl of oatmeal
- Step 3: Pour the mixture on a small pan/ skillet on a medium heat, then cook it until it is golden brown. Remember to cook it on both sides.
- 17 g of protein
- 44 g of carbs
- 3 g of fat
- Total calorie: 259 calorie
Thursday: Blackberry muffins
- 3 oz of banana
- 1 oz of nuts butter
- 1 egg
- 1 oz of oat
- ½ tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 3 oz of berries
- Step 1: Mix all the ingredients gently (except the berries)
- Step 2: Lightly spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. You can use the baking sheet instead.
- Step 3: Fold 3 oz of berries into the batter. Please be careful with this, we don’t want to smash the berries, do we? It’s okay if you just put the berries on top of the batter when it’s in the baking tin.
- Step 4: Gently pour the batter that we’ve just made into 5 to 6 muffin tins.
- Step 5: Then, bake our muffins at 175 Celsius degrees for 22 to 25 minutes.
- 3 g of protein
- 27 g of carbs
- 8 g of fat
- Total calorie: 191 calorie
Friday: Sweet potato waffles with fruits
- Protein: 2 eggs
- Grains: 4 ounces of sweet potato
- Fruits: 1 medium of banana
- Required machine: Waffle-making machine.
- Step 1: Shredded 4 ounces of sweet potatoes.
- Step 2: Beat 2 eggs into a potato bowl then stir nicely.
- Step 3: Gently spray the cooking spray on a hot waffle machine, then, pour the batter mixture on it till it is cooked nicely and thoroughly.
- Step 4: Serve with fruits.
- 9 g of protein
- 50 g of carbs
- 5 g of fat
- Total calorie: 275 calorie
Saturday: Protein waffles using with strawberries
- Protein: ⅓ cup of egg whites and ⅓ cup of fat free cottage cheese
- Grains: ⅓ cup of oats
- Fruits: strawberries
Instructions on making protein waffles:
- Step 1: Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Step 2: Pour ¼ cup of our batter mixture onto a heated skillet/pan.
- Step 3: Cook on both sides until it is golden. Then, serve with fruits
- 23 g of protein
- 35 g of carbs
- 3 g of fat
- Total calorie: 248 calorie
Sunday: Eggs with cheese, potatoes and nectarie.
- Protein: 1 egg and 1 ounce of cheese
- Grains: 4 ounces of potatoes
- Fruits: 1 medium nectarine.
- 16 g of protein
- 39 g of carbs
- 15 g of fat
- Total calorie: 352 calorie
And here is a bonus gift for you, another Bright Line Eating Breakfast idea to try:
Plus day: Cottage cheese served with crushed pineapple and quinoa.
- Protein: 4 ounces of fat free cottage cheese
- Grains: 4 ounces of quinoa
- Fruits: 6 ounces of mashed pineapple
- 21 g protein
- 53 g of carbs
- 2 g of fat
- Total calorie: 296 calorie
There are our 7 must-try Bright Line Eating Breakfast ideas for you. They are all simple, quick and easy for you to try at home. You do not need any skills, just read our instructions carefully and strictly follow it then whoa la, here is the best breakfast. If you find this article helpful, please hit the subscribe button to kerriannjennings.com and don’t forget to share our information to your friends, family and loved ones. Once again, thanks for reading.