As we have said before, juicing is a great way to add nutrients such as vitamins and minerals to your daily intake. In today’s article, Kerri Ann Jennings will share with you all the things that you need to know, from losing weight by juicing to what you should do during the juicing as well as a 7 day juice cleanse plan. Let’s get started!
Can I lose weight by juicing?
There is lots of news about losing weight by juicing, known as the juice cleanse to detox. However, we highly recommend you not only drink juice. The most important thing in every type of diet is eating, so even if you try the drinking juice method, you still need to eat healthy meals. If you only drink juice for a long time, it is reported that you would miss important and necessary nutrients, such as protein and fat. Once you get into the full juice cleanse, your metabolism will slow down.
So, the answer to losing weight with juice is yes, but it is not totally healthy if you are a newbie. We still recommend you add meals to your juicing plans. One of the solutions you can get along with is adding veggie-packed fresh juice to your daily intake. In that way, you are not only not missing any important nutrients (since you still eat) but you are also closer to your weight loss goal.
Who should take a 7 days juice cleanse plan?
Well, almost everyone can try the 7 day juice cleanse plan. Young and old, work-out or not work-out, anyone can try the 7 day juice cleanse. However, it is not recommended for people who are pregnant or nursing, who are under 18, or have some medical condition/ on medication or treatment. If you are one of those cases, make sure to ask your doctor before starting juicing, especially a 7 day juice cleanse plan.
What should you prepare before the juice cleanse?
So, once you have made a decision of drinking juice or trying a 7 days juice cleanse plan, you must prepare yourself carefully. Here are the instructions for juicing notes from Blueprint, a famous juice brand. Let’s take a closer look!
Three days before the 7 day juice cleanse plan
Begin by cutting out caffeine, sugar, refined carbs (bread, white rice, and pasta), meat, dairy, and alcohol from your diet. For each meal in your day, increase the consumption of fresh fruit, greens, and vegetables.
During the cleanse
While you are taking part in the juicing cleanse, you might need to follow these rules. They are simple, for sure, but you need to make them into your daily habit for 7 days.
- Maintain hydration by drinking at least eight glasses of water every day.
- Go for yoga or gentle walks instead of your typical training program. It means that you should take part in a low-impact workout, don’t push yourself too hard in a high-impact workout.
- Meditate to improve your general feeling of calm and alertness. If you do not know about the effects of meditation, you can refer to it: Effects of meditation
- Get some additional rest. Make yourself sleep more than usual.
- Make juice at home according to the recipe.
After the juicing cleanse
The next seven days after the juicing cleanse are very important. For the best result as well as not making you lose energy, here are some instructions you need to follow:
Day 1 and day 2
Foods rich in water content such as fresh water-based fruits and vegetables with low density should be consumed. Some food we can mention would be:
- Water-based fruits: Melon, Papaya, Citrus
- Veggies: Celery, cucumbers
Day 2 to day 5
With low-density meals still being consumed, more fibrous foods such as non-starchy vegetables are highly recommended. Non-starchy veggies could be: cucumber, tomatoes and bell peppers
Day 5 to day 7
More “dense” foods are now available for your daily consumption. You might wanna prepare some starchy vegetables, whole grains, and some protein to add to your daily meal. Back to normal!
- Lightly cooked starchy veggies could be: yams, winter squash
- Whole grains: brown rice, barley, quinoa
- Protein: Fish (steamed or poached), grilled chicken breast.
7 day juice cleanse plan
And here it is, the part that all of you are looking for! In the part below, Kerri Ann Jennings will give you the most detailed information about the 7 day juice cleanse plan. These juice recipes are so easy to try, so let’s take a closer look at them!
Note: Before trying anything in our plan, please remember:
- Mid-morning juice: the mid-morning juice should be drunk 2 hours after the breakfast
- Mid-day juice: the mid-day juice should be drunk 2 hours after lunch.
- Evening snack: the evening snack juice should be drunk 2 hours after dinner.
|Day 1||Green Juice|
|Day 2||Tomato and Veggie Juice|
|Day 3||Strawberries mixed with Cucumber Juice|
|Day 4||Blueberry and Cabbage Power mixed Juice|
|Day 5||Spinach and Apple Juice|
|Day 6||Ginger-Beet Juice|
|Day 7||Carrot mixed with Orange Juice|
Recipes for each day in our best 7 day juice cleanse plan that you can follow to:
Day 1: Green Juice
- A half of cup of fresh parsley
- 3 cups of spinach
- ½ cup of lemon without the peel
- 2 medium pears, chopped nicely
- 6 stalks of celery
- Some ice cubes to make it icy and cool
- First, put the parsley, spinach, lemon, pears and celery into a juicer
- Next, put 2 glasses of ice into it then serve while it is cool. A great fresh for your hot summer day!
See more: Master Cleanse lemonade recipe for weight loss
Day 2: Tomato and Veggies Juice
- A cup of chopped romaine
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh chives
- 2 large cut tomatoes
- ¼ cup of steamed jalapeno. Remember to put the seeds out
- a large red bell pepper. Chopped finely
- 2 large stalks of celery
- 1 medium carrot,
- First, as usual, put all the ingredients (except the ice cubes) into a juicer. Blend it until it is nice and smooth
- Then, add 2 glasses of ice cubes into it. Serve when it is still cool.
Day 3: Strawberries mixed with Cucumber Juice
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 1 large peeled and cut cucumber
- 1 large red apple, cut into fourths or eighths.
- 2 peeled carrots
- Some ice cubes (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into the juicer. Once the juice is smooth and nice, put some ice cubes (optional) into it.
- Serve when it is fresh and cool.
Day 4: Blueberry and Cabbage Power mixed Juice
- ¼ medium red cabbage, cut them into slices
- a large and peeled cucumber. Chopped nicely or cut it into small chunks
- a cup of fresh blueberries
- a large red apple. Cut it into slices
- Some ice cubes
- Bring all the cut ingredients into a juicer, then juice them till it is smooth and juicy. Then, if you like having a cold glass of juice, just put in some ice cubes.
- Serve it when it is still fresh and cool.
Day 5: Spinach and Apple Juice
- One and a half of cup of spinach
- ½ cup of peeled grapefruits
- 2 medium green apples. Cut them into slices
- A small piece of peeled ginger (just a small bite, you don’t want your juice way too gingery)
- 2 large stalks of fresh celery
- Some ice cubes
- Put all the given ingredients into the juicer or a blender
- Then, when your juice is smooth and kinda watery, add into some ice cubes if you like. Serve when it is still cool and fresh.
Day 6: Ginger-Beet Juice
- One peeled orange. Cut it into slices
- 3 kale leaves
- A medium apple, sliced it nicely
- One peeled carrot
- One large peeled beet
- A small piece of fresh ginger
- Some ice cubes.
- Simply put all the ingredients into the juicer. Add some ice cubes into it if you like.
- Once the juice is watery, your juice is done! Drink when it is still fresh and cool.
Day 7: Carrot mixed with Orange Juice
- One yellow tomato. Cut them into fourths.
- One peeled orange
- One cut into fourths apple
- 4 large peeled carrots
- Some ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients into a juicer then blend it until it is watery.
- Add some ice cubes (optional) then drink immediately. A great drink for a hot summer day!
And this is it! There is all the information you need to know before attending the 7 day juice cleanse plan. We hope that our sharing is informative for you to get started on a perfect 7 day juicing plan. If you find our article helpful, please share it with your friends and loved ones.
Don’t forget to find out more Diet plans and Recipes on Kerriannjennings.com