Many experts and studies have shown that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is a meal that provides an abundant source of energy for your body to function throughout the day.
However, many people who want to lose weight think that they should eat less for breakfast, even skip breakfast. In fact, skipping breakfast can cause any harm to your body. A 500 calorie breakfast is a perfect breakfast that provides plenty of energy for the day.
Many people worry 500 calories is too much for breakfast. However, if you eat healthy with the right foods, a 500 calorie breakfast will make a great breakfast. In this article, we will share the best recipes for a 500 calorie breakfast!
What Does a Nutritious Breakfast Have?
The healthy 500 calorie breakfast is a great choice to start the day full of energy. This meal will provide your body with minerals, fiber, vitamins, amino acids, essential fatty acids, and several other essential nutrients.
This meal will help you not feel hungry and want to snack before lunch. Some people who are on a diet to lose weight can only eat breakfast without an AM snack.
Foods should use
Some foods you should use in a nutritious breakfast:
- Lean proteins like beef, nuts, eggs, legumes, etc.
- Whole grains include bagels, whole wheat bread, bread rolls, whole grain waffles, whole grain cakes, etc.
- Fruits, especially berries, etc.
- Vegetables such as leafy greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Low-fat dairy products and their products such as skimmed milk, cottage cheese, natural cheese, low or unsweetened yogurt, etc
Foods should avoid
In addition to the recommended foods, you should limit the use of foods high in fat, refined starch, processed protein, and sugar in a healthy breakfast. We will make the category clearer for you below:
- Pancakes and pastries (cookies, cakes, pies, etc.)
- Do not use foods made from refined starches because they have the potential to cause obesity
- Soft drinks, carbonated drinks, alcoholic beverages, etc
- Fatty kinds of milk and sweetened yogurts
- Processed products include canned goods, hot dogs, bacon, etc. They contain substances that are harmful to health, increasing the risk of some diseases.
The control of calories and the amount of food in each meal depends on each subject and each age. So you can consult your doctor to see if you can eat a regular 500 calorie breakfast!
Under 500-Calorie Breakfasts to Make At Home
Making your own breakfast at home can ensure your breakfast is as healthy and safe as possible. You only need to spend a short time but enjoy a variety of delicious dishes.
If you are running out of ideas for your 500 calorie breakfast recipes, we have the best recipes for you!
Scrambled eggs with bell pepper and feta (458 Calories)
Scrambled eggs with bell peppers and feta are a high-protein and energizing breakfast. This dish contains 458 calories, enough to provide ample energy for an active morning.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers
- 4 eggs
- 28 grams feta cheese
- Whole grain toast
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add olive oil, and heat it up. Add bell peppers to the pan and cook until tender.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, stir with a spoon or ladle over low heat until the eggs are just cooked.
- Next, add salt and pepper to taste, add feta cheese and stir well to combine the cheese with the dish.
- Soft cheese is used as a filling for whole-grain toast. It can be served with black coffee or tea.
Ham, egg, and spinach roll-ups (469 Calories)
A full meal of eggs, meat, and vegetables will provide adequate protein and other nutrients for the body. This dish provides 469 calories for a healthy breakfast.
- 1 tomato
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw spinach
- Sliced ham contains 11% fat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into pieces
- Place the pan on the stove over high heat, add olive oil when the pan is hot. When the oil is hot, add the spinach to the pan and stir until the vegetables are wilted for about 1 minute.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and stir with a spoon or fork. Next, pour the eggs into the spinach pan and stir until the eggs are almost cooked and set. Add tomatoes, stir well, and turn off the heat when almost cooked.
- Place the vegetable, egg, and tomato mixture in the center of the ham and roll it up.
- Place the ham roll on a hot pan until the ham turns golden brown, then remove from the pan and serve.
Scrambled eggs with spinach and Mexican-blend cheese (499 Calories)
You’ll have the perfect nearly 500-calorie breakfast with 499 calories from this dish. The novel flavors of Mexican cheese are sure to delight you.
- 4 eggs
- 57 grams of low-fat Mexican cheese
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up over medium heat, then add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the spinach and stir until the vegetables are wilted about 3 to 4 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to medium.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat the eggs. Next, pour the eggs into the pan with the spinach and stir until the eggs are cooked and frozen.
- Sprinkle more Mexican cheese into the egg mixture on the pan, stir until the cheese melts and penetrates, then turn off the heat.
- Place eggs on a plate and serve with wholemeal crackers.
All-in-one protein smoothie (480 Calories)
With just one cup of protein-rich fruit smoothie, you will provide your body with 480 calories. This is a quick and easy breakfast to make. You can do it even if you are a busy person.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Put all the above ingredients in a blender, then blend until smooth. Remove to a cup and enjoy with some mint seeds or leaves.
Note: If the above mixture is too dry and difficult to blend, you can add a little low-fat unsweetened milk.
Read more: 7-day smoothie weight loss diet plan to get smoothie ideas
Strawberry banana shake (490 Calories)
Shakes are healthy snacks that are easy to make. It will give you 490 calories for an energizing breakfast with a great taste.
- 350 ml milk, water or low-sugar yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp strawberry or vanilla flavored protein powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- Put all the above ingredients in a blender and blend it until you have the smoothness you want.
- Remove the cup and enjoy.
High protein epic breakfast burrito recipe (498 Calories)
This protein-rich breakfast will provide your body with 498 calories. This is a great choice to add to your list of 500 calorie breakfast recipes.
- 2 low carb tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small diced onion
- 1/2 diced green chili
- 1/2 red chili diced
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat the eggs together. When whisking, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a non-stick pan and hot oil on the stove over medium heat.
- Put the beaten eggs in the pan and mix well. When stirring, add chili and onion, stir for another minute, then turn down and cover.
- Cook ground beef in another pan until cooked; season to taste.
- Place tortillas on a plate, cover with scrambled eggs, onions, peppers, ground beef and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Under 500-Calorie Breakfasts on The Go
Not everyone has time to prepare nutritious breakfasts. If you’re a busy person, you can prepare 500-calorie breakfasts on the go.
You don’t need to prepare it yourself, and you can buy it at many restaurants. Don’t worry, their menu can’t guarantee your calories. You can request to see a menu with detailed restaurant calorie information. Here are some recipes and dishes that we recommend for you.
Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich and banana (340 calories)
Starbucks is a chain of convenience stores. You can tackle a nutritious breakfast on busy days by buying them here.
This chain’s healthy breakfast has many options for you to choose from:
- Turkey bacon sandwich (230 calories) and banana (110 calories)
- Fat-free cappuccino (100 calories)
- Strawberry Cereal (300 calories) and Fat-Free Cappuccino (100 calories)
- Spinach, feta and egg white wrap (290 calories) and 1 banana (110 calories)
Jamba juice turkey sausage wrap (320 calories)
Jamba juice is an address that sells attractive dishes. It can provide a lot of energy for you to function during the day. However, this chain stores a lot of smoothies and sugary juices. You should still try savory dishes like the Jamba juice turkey sausage wrap with 320 calories and the Great Greens mini juice with 140 calories.
McDonald’s oatmeal (410 calories)
McDonald’s is a large chain of stores that can provide convenient, nutritious breakfasts for you. Eliminate fast food options and try Mcdonald’s oatmeal (410 calories) and some other healthy options like:
- 100 calories low fat milk
- Apple slices 15 calories
Dunkin’ donuts veggie egg white omelet (290 calories)
Dunkin’ donuts don’t just offer donuts. You can buy a super nutritious veggie egg white omelet for a healthy breakfast here. The dish contains a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, spinach, and onions that are good for health.
How To Have A 500-Calorie Breakfast And Lose Weight?
Very few people believe that a 500 calorie breakfast can help you lose weight. They think that with such a large calorie intake, there will be a lot of excess calories causing obesity. However, if you burn calories all day and don’t eat the right amount of calories for other meals, this breakfast will give you better health.
To eat a nutritious breakfast and still lose weight, you should calculate the calories for the day. For example, if you’re on a 1500 calorie per day diet, breakfast takes up 500 calories and 1000 calories will be divided equally among the rest of the meals.
Careful calculation still helps you control the number of calories you need without creating excess calories and still have a healthy breakfast. Some calculation methods are as follows:
- Use a calculator or tracking app
- Using the BMR calculation and the Harris-Benedict equation
- Calculating weight maintenance by calories per pound
In short, you can still have a 500 calorie breakfast and lose weight. Regular exercise will be a good activity to help you expend energy, keep your body healthy and prevent obesity. By adjusting your meals, counting calories, and exercising, you’ll still consume the right calories and limit excess calories.
The 500 calorie breakfast will give you a lot of energy to start an active day. Don’t worry about making this breakfast difficult. We have shared with you the best and fastest 500 calorie breakfast recipes in this article. Hopefully, through this article, thousands of people will have great breakfasts!