Currently, there are many people, especially women, who are facing the need to be overweight. This problem is a lot of people are concerned, worried and looking for ways to lose weight. A 1500 calorie meal plan can be chosen by many people to start losing weight and control food intake. However, to get the best quality and nutritious meal, we need to have a plan for each specific meal. If you are also learning about this issue, don’t worry, Kerri Ann Jennings will help you get the necessary knowledge.
How to Calculate Your Daily Calorie Goal?
The 1500 calorie a day diet may work for many people, but it certainly isn’t for everyone. Before deciding to follow this 1500 calorie diet, you need to calculate your body’s calorie needs accurately. Exact numbers will be the best and safest catalyst in your weight loss journey.
Each body will have a different need for calories each day. It depends on many factors such as gender, age, physical activity, and overall health. To lose weight effectively, you need to calculate exactly how many calories your body needs to maintain health. From there, you can reduce your daily calorie intake, creating a calorie deficit to stimulate the body to burn excess fat to convert into energy.
To calculate your total calories, you need to work out how many calories you consume in a day. The most accurate calculation method is to use an online calculator or the Jeor equation. Jeor Equation is a perfect formula that can help you work out how many calories you need based on your height, weight and age.
Calories per day = 10x(weight in kg) + 6.25x(height in cm) – 5x(age) + 5
Calories per day = 10x(weight in kg) + 6.25x(height in cm) – 5x(age) – 161
To calculate the exact result using the above equation, you need the coefficients of activity. These coefficients correspond to your activity level, which is divided into 5 different levels:
- Sedentary: x 1.2 (sedentary individuals who perform little to no exercise)
- Lightly active: x 1,375 (light exercise fewer than 3 days per week)
- Moderately active: x 1.55 (moderate exercise most days of the week)
- Very active: x 1,725 (hard exercise every day)
- Extra active: x 1.9 (strenuous exercise 2 or more times per day)
You can determine the TDEE by multiplying the coefficients of activity yourself and combining them with the equation we outlined above. Calculating the number of calories the body needs to consume is quite accurate. However, you need to rely on your best friend’s weight loss goal to adjust your calorie intake accordingly.
Foods to eat on a 1,500-calorie diet
When implementing a 1500 calorie meal plan to lose weight, we need to synthesize foods that are beneficial for weight loss. From there, you can base on those foods and choose the most suitable menu for you. Here is some useful foods for everyone who needs to lose weight with a 1500 calorie diet.
- Limit starches with vegetables: Lettuce, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, potato, sweet potato, tomato, cucumber…
- Fruits that support weight loss: Apples, bananas, beans, oranges, quiets, grapes…
- Choose eggs for your diet: Eggs have many nutritional components. At the same time, the yolk of the egg gives you the substance to help you not be hungry, but just eating 1 to 2 eggs can be full for a long time.
- Types of meat: Chicken, turkey, beef, pork,…. It should be noted that the meat is lean, without fat.
- Types of milk: Low-sugar milk, whole fresh milk, it is best to drink unsweetened milk for high efficiency.
- Grains for meals: Oats, brown rice, quinoa, cracked wheat, barley, ….
Foods to avoid on 1500 calorie diet weight loss
Besides the healthy foods recommended by many nutritionists in the 1500 calorie diet weight loss, you should also avoid or limit the use of some foods. Adhering to the printable 1500 calorie meal plan will help you lose weight more effectively and safely.
Foods you need to avoid in your 1500 calorie meal plan pdf:
- Refined carbs: sugary cereals, bagels, white bread, tortillas, white pasta, crackers, chips, etc.
- Added sugar: Foods containing added sugars such as candy, table sugar, pies, cakes, sugary snack bars, and so on can all make you gain weight back and harm your health.
- Fast food: pizza, chicken balls, hot dogs, french fries, greasy donuts, etc. These foods are high in calories, greasy and unhealthy.
- Fried foods: fried foods containing a lot of fat, such as donuts, chips, deep-fried foods, and so on, can all cause weight gain or obesity.
- Sugary drinks: Do not use sugary drinks such as soda, coca-cola, sugary coffee, energy drinks, sugary fruit juices, etc.
- Processed foods: prepackaged foods such as cold cuts, bacon, and canned foods… all contain preservatives or substances that are harmful to the body, easily causing weight gain.
We know that some of the foods mentioned here are on your favorites list. However, if you just let yourself indulge in your indulgence in eating, you won’t be able to lose weight successfully.
If you can’t cut these favorite but unhealthy foods from your menu right away, do it slowly. For example, instead of eating pizza every day, reduce it to 3 times a week. Once you get used to this frequency, continue reducing it to once a week, then once a month, and even cut out pizza to fully pursue the easy 1500 calorie meal plan.
A one-day sample 1500 calorie meal plan
Planning and sample menus for meals will help you follow this diet more on track. A one-day sample meal plan for 1500 calories a day that we suggest below will help you have a perfect meal plan.
|Breakfast 346 calories||Avocado & Arugula Omelet (344 calories) 1 cup green tea (2 calories)|
|AM Snack 95 calories||1 medium apple, sliced and sprinkled with cinnamon (95 calories)|
|Lunch 400 calories||Roasted Veggie Mason Jar Salad (400 calories)|
|PM Snack 145 calories||1 cup cucumber slices (16 calories) 1 medium carrot, cut into sticks (25 calories) 1/4 cup hummus (104 calories)|
|Dinner 514 calories||Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto & Shrimp(447 calories) 2 cups mixed greens (18 calories) Dressing: 1 tsp. olive oil + 1 tsp Dijon mustard + 2 tsp red-wine vinegar + a pinch each of salt and pepper (49 calories)|
|Daily Total||1,500 calories, 79 g protein, 91 g carbohydrates, 31 g fiber, 100 g fat, 2,026 mg sodium|
Other meal ideas
- Apple-Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl
- Huevos Rancheros Tacos
- Strawberry-Ricotta Waffle Sandwich
- Korean Crab Rolls
- Italian Vegetable Hoagies
- Smoked Salmon Brown Rice Onigiri
- Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad
- Soy-Marinated Flank Steak with Soba Noodles
- Shrimp, Ham & Pepper Couscous
- Roasted Pepper-&-Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Indian Saag with Chickpeas
1500 calorie meal plan for losing weight
During a week, each day of the week we need to have a specific plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The 1500 calorie meal plan shared below will help everyone get the most necessary knowledge.
Breakfast: (334 calories)
- 1 cup of whole wheat cereal with 1 cup of skim milk
- Add 1 cup of blueberry juice
Enjoy a breakfast with whole wheat cereal
Snack after breakfast: (155 calories)
6 oz vini flavored nonfat yogurt and 1 tangerine
Lunch: (397 calories)
- Mix 6 oz of fat-free yogurt (Greek yogurt) with 1 cup of cucumber and tomato juice.
- Served with oatmeal and 1 banana
Snack after lunch: (142 calories)
- 2 tablespoons salted roasted peanuts with 1 tangerine
Dinner: (483 calories)
- Cup of stewed bean soup with vegetables
- Also use more salad salad including 1 cup of lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes, ½ avocado, seasoning and garlic
Total intake for the whole day: 1,511 calories, 60 g protein, 195 g carbohydrates, 38 g fiber, 47 g fat, 1,200 mg sodium
You can absolutely make your own 1500 calorie recipes based on the menu that Kerri Ann Jennings shared.
Breakfast (387 calories)
- 2 bananas
- A bowl of nutritious cereal
Snack after breakfast (192 calories)
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 cup low sugar milk
Lunch (344 calories)
- 1 part cauliflower, cucumber, tomato salad
- 1 cup low-sugar fresh milk
Snack after lunch (95 calories)
- 1 apple is not too big
Dinner (495 calories)
- 1 sausage sandwich
- 1 serving of french fries, about 1
Total intake for the whole day: 1,513 calories, 40 g protein, 199 g carbohydrate, 30 g fiber, 42 g fat, 1,763 mg sodium
Breakfast (291 calories)
- Sandwich with 1 egg upside down
- Can add some spices and greens
Snack after breakfast (187 calories)
- 1 pear and blueberries 1 cup
Lunch (383 calories)
- Sandwich, add 2 sliced tomatoes, mayonnaise, topped
- With 1 oz roast turkey, 2 oz cheese, 2 tomato slices, 1 apple.
After-lunch snack (137 calories)
- 1/4 cup assorted bean stew soup
- Served with 12 small carrots
Dinner (479 calories)
- 1 plate of spaghetti with stir-fry sauce with 2 cups of spinach
- ½ cup mushrooms, onion, seasoning
Total intake for the whole day: 1,522 calories, 45 g protein, 198 g carbohydrate, 38 g fiber, 30 g fat, 1,289 mg sodium
Breakfast: (320 calories)
- 1 cup of whole wheat cereal with 1 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 dessert tangerines
Snack after Breakfast (105 calories)
- 1 banana
Lunch: (393 calories)
- Mixed salad from 2 cups of lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes, avocado, 2 oz turkey, 1 tablespoon cheese
- 6 oz vanilla greek yogurt and 1 pear for dessert (393 calories).
After-lunch snack (217 calories)
- 1 pear and 1 oz cheese
Dinner: (495 calories)
- Burgers or dipping with meat shumai
Total intake for the whole day: 1,517 calories, 50 g protein, 183 g carbohydrates, 40 g fiber, 57 g fat, 1,123 mg sodium
Weight loss meal for Friday
Breakfast: (289 calories)
- 6 oz fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries and 1 medium banana
Snack after breakfast: (177 calories)
- 2 tablespoons salted roasted peanuts and 2 tangerines
Lunch: (370 calories)
- Avocado sandwich: Mix 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise with 2 sliced tomatoes, 1/2 avocado
After-lunch snack (137 calories)
- 1/4 cup assorted bean stew soup
Nutritious bean stew
Dinner: (531 calories)
- 1 cup of rice, with sautéed mushrooms, 1 cup of boiled cabbage
Total intake for the whole day: 1,511 calories, 56 g protein, 167 g carbohydrate, 30 g fiber, 58 g fat, 1,243 mg sodium
Breakfast: (370 calories)
- Pan-fried sweet potato with a moderate amount of peanut butter
- Kiwi with boiled egg
Snack after breakfast: (110 calories)
- A coconut
Lunch: (500 calories)
- Honey grilled chicken breast, brown rice and sauteed cabbage with egg
After-lunch snack: (150 calories)
- Cocoa Smoothie, 1 banana
Dinner: (380 calories)
- A few pieces of Kimbap
- 1 cup blueberries and 1 medium banana
Total intake for the whole day: 1,524 calories, 58 g protein, 188 g carbohydrate, 36 g fiber, 56 g fat, 1,335 mg sodium
Last meal for a 1500 calorie meal plan, you can weigh in and see what your results are. Thereby, you will feel the effects after eating the right scientific menu.
Breakfast: (400 calories)
- Matcha fresh milk
- A low-fat Pizza
After-Breakfast Snack (134 calories)
- A few chestnuts and diet cereals
Lunch: (700 calories)
- Korean mixed rice
- 1 apple
After-lunch snack (100 calories)
- Bananas, dried sweet potatoes
Dinner: (200 calories)
- Stir-fried beef tenderloin with light butter, asparagus
Total intake for the whole day: 1,534 calories, 49 g protein, 176 g carbohydrates, 42 g fiber, 53 g fat, 1,265 mg sodium
Tips for successful weight loss
If you seriously follow the 1500 calorie meal plan printable, you can lose weight. However, this process can be done quickly with better results if you follow some tips below. These tips are also great for post-weight loss, as they can help you healthily stay in shape.
Be aware of your calorie intake
As noted above, the 1500 calorie a day diet is a low calorie diet, so you need to be aware of your calorie intake and keep it to a specified level. Although you can track food as a useful method, it is not very effective.
You need to keep a diary of your meals and foods and their corresponding calories. This log is very helpful in limiting your daily calorie intake to 1500. You can also stay on track and make your daily calorie goals more accurate.
In addition, to have a higher weight loss effect, you should focus on portion control. All the food you consume should have a clear plan and list. Although it will be complicated at first, you will be lighter during the weight loss process later on.
Eat whole foods
Whole foods are healthy foods and help improve overall health. Therefore, most effective diets advise followers to use this food. Whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, eggs, poultry, fish, nuts and seeds are packed with nutrients but are low in calories.
When you eat whole foods, you will feel full longer than processed foods. It helps you no longer have cravings and effectively lose weight.
On the contrary, the processed, canned, and unhealthy foods on our list are not suitable for those who want to lose weight. Even if you use them regularly, it can be difficult to lose weight, easy to gain the weight back, or cause obesity. Sugary foods also have many negative effects on your overall health.
The meals around whole foods are really great options. Using these foods is also the best way to support long-term weight loss, helping you stay in shape.
Be more active
Although applying 1500 calories a day diet is effective, and you should not skip the exercise. Numerous studies have shown that consistent physical activity can promote weight loss and improve health.
You can participate in sports, such as swimming, jogging, soccer, or skiing. They make you more active and enthusiastic in your daily life. However, if you are busy or not suitable for vigorous activities, you can participate in dancing, walking, cycling, etc. Not only do they support weight loss, but these physical activities also have the ability to improve the mind conditions and chronic diseases are very effective.
Don’t obsess over your weight
When implementing weight loss regimes, few people pay attention to psychological pressure. On the surface, this issue may not seem like much, but it has a huge impact. Your psychology will directly affect your living habits as well as your metabolic activities in the body.
If you are on a diet to lose weight but find that the weight is not lost, you should not be under pressure. Most likely, your excess fat has dissipated, and your muscle mass is increasing. You can measure or observe to clearly see the effect on your weight loss process.
Whether you lose weight or not, health is still the most important. Therefore, you should not feel worried when the weight loss is slow and your body is getting better day by day.
If you are in the process of feeling worried about your weight then go on a diet. The 1500 calorie meal plan shared by Kerri Ann Jennings is extremely effective. You only need to apply it for 1 week and you will feel a noticeable change in your body. You just need to persist in eating scientifically according to the shared menus. I am sure that I will have a healthy body as you are expecting.
Don’t forget to find out more Diet plans and Recipes on Kerriannjennings.com